-share-button” data-via=”ploked” data-count=”vertical” data-url=”http://www.ploked.com/2010/04/23/facebook-ads-aid-brand-recall/”>Tweet
Want to increase brand recall and awareness? According to a joint Facebook/Nielsen study, social media networks are the place to go for marketers wishing to engage consumers who are nearing the “action” phase of the buying cycle.
Nielsen, citing that brand marketers have repeatedly requested a method to measure the value of social media advertising, made “a major investment towards helping advertisers understand how to achieve their brand goals in a social context.” And out popped the report: Advertising Effectiveness: Understanding the Value of a Social Media Impression, which includes information from Nielsenâ€™s BrandLift that measures data for more than 800,000 Facebook users and their response to 125 campaigns run on the site by 70 advertisers. Nielsen’s BrandLift originated as a specific tool for measuring the effectiveness of Facebook advertising and was rolled out in September 2009 in the U.S. and in the U.K. in January. While many brands have already gravitated to social media advertising, others are hesitant due to uncertain ROI; Brandlift provides these advertisers with some assurance by providing quantifiable data that can be measured by established standards: Ad Recall, Brand Awareness, and Purchase Intent. Read the rest of this entry »
-share-button” data-via=”ploked” data-count=”vertical” data-url=”http://www.ploked.com/2009/08/03/mixed-messages-from-media-on-twitter/”>Tweet
Mixed messages abound regarding the relevance of Social Media applications for business, and especially the value of using Twitter to promote business endeavors. Media Buyer Planner recently released bleak statistics regarding Twitter’s use in the business space. In fact, the online media site reports that only 8% of businesses see Twitter as a viable option for promoting their business…which means that the remaining 92% of businesses are either stubborn, stupid, or simply have no idea how Twitter could take their business to another level.
The survey, a joint LinkedIn Research Network/Harris Poll states,Â in the raw:
The research, which included surveys of both advertisers and the U.S. public at large. It showed that among advertisers:
- 45% think Twitter is in its infancy and its use will grow significantly over the next few years
- 21% believe Twitter will not move into the mainstream and will remain something mostly young people and the media will use
- 17% believe Twitterâ€™s five minutes of fame are already over and itâ€™s time to find the next big thing
- 17% of advertisers say they donâ€™t know enough about Twitter to have an opinion.
Among consumers, the study found a different picture:
- 69% say they do not know enough about Twitter to have an opinion about it
- 12% think itâ€™s in its infancy
- 12% say it is just something that young people and the media use
- 8% say it is already over
Wow. It’s enough to make one wonder whether people even pay attention anymore, let alone read, watch TV, or use the internet. When major news outlets ask for feedback and tips via Twitter, it would seem to me like the micro-blogging site has become a permanent fixture…call me crazy. Maybe these are the descendants of early humans who thought fire would never catch on… Read the rest of this entry »